I am a trial lawyer who primarily practices in the areas of contracts, personal injury, medical malpractice, insurance bad faith, employment law, and property disputes. I joined Ward & Glass in 2016, and have litigated a wide range of civil cases. I aggressively represent my clients’ interests at all stages of litigation. Whether I am in the courtroom in front of a judge or jury, taking a deposition, or making strategic decisions on a case, my clients’ needs always come first.
I am originally from Ardmore, OK, where I was a four-time state champion in the discus and shot put in track and field from 2005 to 2008. I then attended Stanford University, where I was a two time All-American and the 2011 PAC-10 champion in the discus. I received my Bachelors of Arts in both history and political science from Stanford in 2013, and returned home to Oklahoma to attend law school. I earned my J.D. from the University of Oklahoma College of Law in 2016. I enjoy litigation because it has many similarities to sports. Just like competing at the highest levels of a sport, litigation requires preparation, hard work, and patience. I often apply the principles and lessons I learned over the years competing at the highest levels of track and field to my law practice. In 2020, I was named to the “Top 40 Under 40” attorneys in Oklahoma by The National Trial Lawyers publication.
I live in Norman with my wife, Elaine. I enjoy doing all kinds of exercise, going to OU football games, watching sports, and reading. I also enjoy coaching young athletes in my spare time. My father, Phil, and uncle, Paul, played football at OU and were members of the 1975 national championship team. They both went on to play in the NFL. I also come from a long line of farmers and stockmen in Oklahoma. Several members of my family run black angus cattle and work in pecan farming. Needless to say, I am proud to be an Oklahoman and to be practicing law here.
Areas Of Practice
- Personal Injury – Plaintiff
- Employment Law
- Medical Malpractice
- Bad Faith Insurance
- Trucking Accidents
- Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect
- Wrongful Termination
- Business Litigation
- University of Oklahoma College of Law, Norman, Oklahoma
- J.D. – 2016
- Stanford University
- B.A. – 2013
- Major: History and Political Science
- Oklahoma, 2016
- U.S. District Court Western District of Oklahoma, 2016
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Oklahoma, 2016
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit, 2016
Honors and Awards
- 2-Time NCAA All-American in the Discus Throw, 2011-2012
- PAC-10 Discus Champion, 2011
- American Jurisprudence Awards: Remedies, Criminal Procedure
- Stanford University Award of Excellence, 2013
- Stanford Athletic Department Captain’s Award, 2013
- Bearden v. Oklahoma ex rel. Bd. of Regents of Univ. of Oklahoma, 234 F.Supp.3d 1148 (W.D. Okla. 2017), 2017, W.D. Okla.
Current Employment Position